Sunday 25 January 2009

Books for all!

Hello again. Remember me? My name's David Beris Edwards and I used to update this blog. Sometimes. When I could be arsed. Well, now is one of those times. Not only do I feel compelled to post on this blog again for the first time in months, but I actually have stuff to update it with! Yes, honestly!

But first, a few words on what I've been up to for the best part of a year...

Last summer I went for a two-week jaunt in the United States of the United States of America. I did a few performances and whatnot there (the whole reason I went, in fact), some of which will one day be available for your online viewing (dis)pleasure. But not today, 'cause I'm crap.

I also graduated last year, with a respectable but entirely useless BA in Writing. Huzzah.

Since then I have been largely unemployed, save for a disasterous spell over the festive period working as a till-monkey at Asda. This has meant that all papery publishing plans have been put on hold for much of the forseeable, alas.

Instead of simply shelving all my publishing plans, though, I've decided to simply make my work availble for downloading in PDF format. This is (hopefully) a convenient method for everyone who wants to read my stuff, and one that still allows me a little more control over the end product than simply slapping it in a blog post would grant me.

So, today I've got two books to share with you. The first is a small book of rhyming couplets I tossed off over a few days last autumn. It was briefly available via the mouse milk blog but nobody downloaded it and the link went dead. This time I've uploaded it via the yucky ad-infested megaupload. If anyone knows of a better place to host stuff, do let me know.

A New Stench on an Old Brush

Secondly, here at last are all twenty-eight poems of A Body of Water (and a mind of silt), in what will probably be their absolutely final form. These poems took about two months to write and nearly a year (on and off) to format! Hopefully you'll consider the results worthwhile. I'm considering writing a small poem-by-poem commentary to accompany the book, should anyone be interested in such a document.

A Body of Water (and a mind of silt)

There will be another update tomorrow containing the first of five short stories which I've formatted as dear little books which would be ten times lovelier if they were papery and tangible. Do feel free to print and bind your own copies of any or indeed all the PDFs I upload here during the coming weeks and months.

Well then, till tomorrow - Vimb Vomb Vimb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home